Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 41 - Do not leave your post

READING

  • Genesis 41
  • Psalms 41
  • Ecclesiastes 10
  • Mark 13


MESSAGE

Ecclesiastes 10 : 4


If the spirit of the ruler rises against you,
Do not leave your post;
For conciliation pacifies great offenses.

God is teaching me today the value of humility, patience and submission to authority. For an innumerable times, I've been caught into an argument with my boss about how she manages her business. I almost came to the point of quitting my job because I felt that the culture of dishonesty at my workplace is slowly transforming me into a liar monster. I still have that same struggle as before but I am not leaving my post because I know God has put me here for a purpose. I realized it's the best place to share God's Word and influence them to do what is right, what is honest, and what is fair. From time to time, I am sharing the Word by posting Bible verses on our log book so every one can see it. I feel glad whenever I hear reactions from them about how the verse strikes them and how it affects them.  

Whenever the spirit of the ruler (my boss of course) rises against me, I quietly fight with my Sword of the Spirit and bear with her anger patiently. Lately, I wrote her a letter to say that I might need to get to the other side of the fence if I won't be able to get my PR papers processed soon, ... and my boss humbly told, "you know I can't afford to loose you;" that was my last  attempt to quit.   

   
PROMISE

Ecclesiastes 10 : 7


I have seen servants on horses,
While princes walk on the ground like servants.

This happened to me many times at work when people ask me if I am the manager or the hotel owner. Of course I do not take the credits, I always point to my boss and say, "No, she's the boss."

God honors all our hard works through the praises and appreciations of people.   

COMMAND

Ecclesiastes 10 : 20


Do not curse the king, even in your thought;
Do not curse the rich, even in your bedroom;
For a bird of the air may carry your voice,
And a bird in flight may tell the matter.

WARNING

Ecclesiastes 10 : 8


He who digs a pit will fall into it,
And whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by a serpent.

APPLICATION

Patience is a virtue, and I am a virtuous person. :) I have know my boss for about three years now so I perfectly know how to handle her anger. The only application that I can think of is to share to my colleague the lesson of Ecclesiastes 10:4. I think it should be one of the memory verses for all foreign workers. :P

I will continue my Verse of the Day thing on our log book. I know it's getting effective so I'll probably do it more frequent, like at least twice a week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment