Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 24 - He owns e-v-e-r-y thing.

READING
  • Genesis 24
  • Psalms 24
  • Proverbs 24
  • Matthew 24

MESSAGE

Psalms 24: 1, 3 and 4


1. The earth is the Lord's and all its fullness,

The world and those who dwell therein.

3. Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
Or who may stand in His holy place?

4. He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully.

Today God is reminding me that I do not own anything in this world including myself that is of me, and that I fully belong to Him and everything around me. And so, I should keep my self clean and pure that I may be worthy to be welcomed to ascend to God's holy place. I must keep my gate and our door open-wide, all the aspects of my life : the physical, my mind and my soul, so the King of glory could come in and dwell within us. 

PROMISE

Proverbs 24:5


He shall receive blessing from the Lord,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

COMMAND


Lift up your heads,
O you gates!
And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!
And the King of glory shall come in.


WARNING


APPLICATION

I will continue to trust in the Lord, the owner of everything here on earth. God is in control over all the affairs of this world, the big ones and even the small ones. No matter how minute my PR case is, I know my God cares so much about it. He owns the world and everything living in it... even my boss... He owns her. :) 


At all circumstances, I will keep my life open for service to the King of glory. As a part of the leadership team, I will never make excuses if I am assigned to any project but instead, I will  be excited to every given opportunity to be of service to my almighty God.

Verses 3 and 5 present a great bargain to me if I will keep my hands clean and my heart pure before God's sight. Keeping myself pleasing before the Lord brings a lot of benefits : 1) it allows me to get close to God's presence; 2) it sustains me that I can stand in His holy place; 3) I will receive blessing from the Lord; 4) and receive righteousness from Him. So, at all times,  I will strive to keep my life holy and acceptable before Him.


PRAYER


Lord, I am so blessed to know that You, my God, is so BIG and so GREAT! You own everything... and You hold everything in Your hand. I fully trust Your amazing power! Lord, help me to continue to keep my full trust in You. Show me Your glory and let me know Your ways. Let your very presence shine through all my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment