Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 30 - "Name your wages, and I will give it."

READING
  • Genesis 30
  • Psalms 30
  • Proverbs 30
  • Mark 2


MESSAGE

Genesis 30 : 27 - 28


And Laban said to him, "Please stay, if I have found favor in your eyes, for I have learned by experience that the Lord has blessed me for your sake." 

28. Then he said, "Name me your wages, and I will give it."

God is showing me one important thing about my current dealings through the life of Jacob. Jacob stayed and remained faithful to his employer and father-in-law, Laban. In return, Laban returned to him the favor by being open to whatever rewards that he would ask of Laban. As to my current work situation, God is telling me to stay put and wait for the right timing to do the bargaining agreement. I know I will get to that point where my boss will tell me "Name your wages, and I will give it."   


PROMISE

28. Then he said, "Name me your wages, and I will give it."

COMMAND

WARNING



APPLICATION

I will stay put and be more patient about my current work situation. God knows how much I enjoy not all the manipulation, deception, and exploitation  that I have been experiencing here at my workplace. But I still hold on to His promise that He has a great plan why He put me here. Most of my friends and all the people around me, even my guests-turned-friend, are telling me to go and leave and find a better job that I deserve and where I'll be happy with; but my God who is above all situation, is telling me to be patient and stay. 


I will choose to listen and trust my God at all times and in every situation.

PRAYER


Lord thank You for demonstrating to me how You will reward faithfulness... as You have shown in the life of Jacob when he chose to remain with his employer. Give me more strength and patience that I can endure all the heart pains, and open my heart and my eyes that I can see how brokenness  can make me stronger in heart and in spirit. Lead me Lord and walk me through 'til I get to that place you intended for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment