Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 16 - He got the final answer!

READING
  • Genesis 16
  • Psalms 16
  • Proverbs 16
  • Matthew 16 


MESSAGE

Proverbs 16 : 1 & 9

1. The preparations of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.

9. A man's heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

God is reminding me that whatever plans I have made are all subject to His decision and plans for me. The final answer is always the Lord's. These verses teaches me not get disheartened when my plans do not succeed but rejoice instead for God is redirecting it into something that is best for me.
  
PROMISE

3. Commit your works to the Lord, 

And your thoughts will be established.

7. When a man's ways please the Lord,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

COMMAND

3. Commit your works to the Lord
And your thoughts will be established.


WARNING

28. A perverse man sows strife,

And a whisperer separates the best of friends.


APPLICATION

I will not get disheartened that all my preparations for the processing of my permanent residence brought me nothing. Yes I was disappointed but God is giving me a promise today that He has something better in store for me.  I will commit everything to Him who knows what's best for me. Unto Him whose plans for me is to make me prosper and get unharmed.


I will be more careful about choosing friends, especially gossiping friends. That's what verse 28 is teaching me today. 

In everything that I do here at my workplace, I will do it good not to please man but to please my God. Doing so, will keep me at peace with my enemies.

PRAYER


Lord help me to keep my trust directed to You alone. Sometimes it seems like your plan hurts mine, sometimes it makes me think that You do not care about me getting hurt with all the things happening in my life right now. But you promised on your Word that if I commit everything unto You, you will have my thoughts established. Direct my heart oh Lord that I may not perverse from your will. Straighten my walk that it may please You.Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment