Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 21 - He holds the king's heart in His hand

READING

  • Genesis 21
  • Psalms 21
  • Proverbs 21
  • Matthew 21





MESSAGE

Proverbs 21 : 1, 2 & 23


1. The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord,
Like the rivers of water;
He turns it wherever He wishes.

2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
But the Lord weighs the heart.

23. Whoever guards his mouth and tongue
Keeps his soul from troubles.

Today, God is giving me an assurance that no matter how the authority above me maneuvers my current situation, God can turn things around in a snap. He is warning me not to speak evil and be on guard on everything that I will say about my situation so I can keep myself out of troubles.  


PROMISE

21. He who follows righteousness and mercy

Finds life, righteousness, and honor.

COMMAND

WARNING

6. Getting treasures by a lying tongue

Is the fleeting fantasy of those who seek death.

16. A man who wanders from the way of understanding
Will rest in the assembly of the dead.

17. The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination;
How much more when he brings it with wicked intent!

APPLICATION

No matter how many times I've professed this, I will say it again 'cause it keeps on ringing in my head and it probably won't stop until I give my 100% faith on it:  I will put my 100% trust on Him who holds the king's heart in His hands. I should and must believe that God can change the turn of events any time, any minute. I know the king at my workplace is making up lies to delay the processing of my work papers but I trust my King in heaven for He is not a man and He would not lie nor change His mind (Numbers 23:19 - paraphrased). Keep trusting and believing, Henry.


Lying can make you get what you want at the moment, but the ill effects of it is like a fallen domino tile, a never-ending chain of makeups and cover ups that leads to exhaustion and... as Proverbs 21:16 says... death. Lie is still a lie no matter what color it could be: whether its pink, blue, black or white, a lie is a lie. From this day on, when opportunities for lying comes or lurks around at my work place, I will not utter lie to cover up my friends at work, but instead, I will just keep my mouth shut and on guard to keep myself away from any further trouble.

Verse 17. I will share this thought to my co-members of the worship team to encourage everyone to keep our hearts in tune with the Lord's: we must search our hearts thoroughly of any wickedness before we offer any sacrifice of praise to the Lord. Sometimes, we wanted to make our sound great for a wrong intention, which is to please the congregation and to get an applaud for a great performance. This is robbing God of praise and glory that is due only to Him and to no other else.       

                                           PRAYER


Lord, thank you for your continuous reminder and encouragement. Today You just confirmed to me how great Your power is... that You can change everything in just a snap of your fingers. I believe that You can change the heart of my boss and convince her to start with the processing of my papers according to Your time table. Nothing is too difficult and nothing is too hard for You. You can turn a heart of stone into  a heart of flesh. Correct the very motive of my heart that I may honor and glorify You. Change my heart oh God, make it ever true. I wanted to serve you with a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a submissive spirit. Let honor and praises be unto You alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment