Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 25 - To Whispering Evil : Weh? Shut Up!

READING

  • Genesis 25
  • Psalms 25
  • Proverbs 25
  • Matthew 25



MESSAGE

Psalms 25 : 2, 4 - 7, 20 - 21


2. O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me. 

4. Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.

5. Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.

7. Do not remember the sins of my youth, 
nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness' sake, O Lord.

20. Keep my soul, and deliver me;
Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.

21. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.

Like the psalmist, the prayer of my heart is the same. God affirms the integrity of His promise to all who trust and wait on Him. He will never put me to shame if I remain trusting in Him. He will  show me His ways and His covenant, and will reveal His secret.  He will keep and preserve me, and no enemies will triumph over me.   


PROMISE


Proverbs 25 : 12 -14

12. Who is the man that fears the Lord?

Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.

13. He himself shall dwell in prosperity,

And his descendants shall inherit the earth.

14. The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him,

And He will show them His covenant.

COMMAND

WARNING


APPLICATION 


Whispering evil? Weh? Hmpff shut up!
The fear of the Lord do not just bring wisdom, it also makes  us dwell in prosperity and attached blessing to all of our succeeding generations. If trusting in God has been the pivotal point of my previous devotions, now God is telling me something new in the menu. Fear. I can feel that I am getting into the "Trust" thing now. I fear not what's coming tomorrow  because I know that my Big God will take care of everything. Now I will get this Holy Fear into my system so God's secret will be revealed to me, and that I and my descendants may dwell in prosperity.

Most of the times, actually even now, the devil injecting evil thoughts in my mind... reminding me of all the previous sins that I have committed and of my current failures of coming back and embracing the old sins that has been part of my history. Now, whenever this happen again,  I will pray with will all sincerity the psalmist prayer in verse 7. I know my God will not see me through my history but God will remember the FORGIVEN ME, and He will keep my soul and deliver me from all these evil attacks.

PRAYER

Show me Your ways, Lord. Teach me Your paths, and make me walk on it. Keep my soul and deliver me from the haunting whisper of evil thoughts. I know You have saved me, You bought me with a price. I am saved and delivered, let me always remember that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment