Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 18 - Isolation is unhealthy

READING

Genesis 18
Psalms 18
Proverbs 18
Matthew 18




MESSAGE

Proverbs 18 : 1 - 2, 15


1. A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire;
He rages against all wise judgement.

2. A fool has no delight in understanding,
But in expressing his own heart.

15. The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge,
And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

The Lord is teaching me today that isolation is not a healthy option at times when evil attacks. Being too emo is not healthy either as it closes one's ears to sensible advices from mature and wise people like the elders of the church.


PROMISE

COMMAND


WARNING


Proverbs 18 : 13 


He who answers a matter before he hears it,
It is folly and shame to him.

APPLICATION


I will keep Proverbs 18:1 in mind especially when I get into my life's low seasons. Oftentimes, I run into isolation thinking I need some space to think things over but the Bible says it's not healthy!

If I need advise for something, I will seek advise first from my church leaders and friends. 

Listen first before making any judgement. Most of the times, I hurt people because of my unfair judgement. Verse 13 is telling me to practice RailRoad Crossing Motto : STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN
  
STOP isolating yourself, Henry

LOOK around for wise advise

LISTEN to Godly advise, 


STOP, LOOK and LISTEN first before making judgement


PRAYER

Lord help me to be wise. I don't want my words and my judgement be the stumbling block of others. Keep me away from running into isolation whenever I encounter problems and torments. Surround me with wise and joyous friends that rejoice with good and righteous things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment