Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 33 - Enjoy Life, it's God's gift to us.

READING


  • Genesis 33
  • Psalms 33
  • Ecclesiastes 2
  • Mark 5


MESSAGE

Ecclesiastes 2 : 24 & 26

24. The best thing we can do is to enjoy eating, drinking, and working. I believe these are God's gifts to us, 

26. If we please God, he will make us wise, understanding, and happy. But if we sin, God will make us struggle for a living, then he will give all we own to someone who pleases him. This makes no more sense than chasing the wind. (CEVUK - Contemporary English Version UK)

God is sending me a brief message today, God can ease out all my struggles if I will continue to please Him otherwise struggle will continue on. Ecclesiastes Chapter 2 is teaching a basic lesson in life - enjoy life while it lasts. Don't worry much about piling up riches as all the produce of my labor are not eternal. I would have to leave everything when I get finished with my life on earth. What is important is I enjoy the life that I am living. God wants me to enjoy my life.


PROMISE

26. If we please God, he will make us wise, understanding, and happy. But if we sin, God will make us struggle for a living, then he will give all we own to someone who pleases him. This makes no more sense than chasing the wind. (CEVUK)

COMMAND

WARNING

26. If we please God, he will make us wise, understanding, and happy. But if we sin, God will make us struggle for a living, then he will give all we own to someone who pleases him. This makes no more sense than chasing the wind. (CEVUK)


APPLICATION

I will do my best to please God in everything I do so that my efforts will not return void in the end. I don't want to struggle much, Lord.

I should do more of things that makes me happy and contented... Go for it as long as it is pleasing to God.

Generally, the whole chapter two of Ecclesiastes is basically teaching me to learn how to enjoy life. Therefore, I will not deprive myself of any opportunity that I know will make me happy and contribute to my life;s satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment