Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 23 - I am a happy lamb!

I am a happy lamb! 
READING

  • Genesis 23
  • Psalms 23
  • Proverbs 23
  • Matthew 23




MESSAGE

Proverbs 23 : 5

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

Today, God is telling me how special I am before Him... that He will prepare a feast of blessings for me and let the enemies (my antagonists, ill-wishers, competitor) drool enviously. I remember I had a chat with Pastor Michael about my chaotic work schedule and why I am not getting a weekend off. I shared to him how everybody badly wants off on the weekends and how my workmates get so green-eyed whenever I get the favor. This is what he told me, "hayaan mo talagang kaiinggitan ang mga pinapaboran ni Lord," and I believe the psalmist is saying exactly the same thing. I feel so blessed that God has chosen to anoint my head with oil - this means God is choosing and ordaining me to be a part of His great army, and He only did not equip me, but He filled me with overflowing joy, talents and blessings.

PROMISE

Psalms 23 : 2, 6

2. He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still water.

6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever


COMMAND

WARNING



APPLICATION


Starting today, I will let myself sit and enjoy the feast that God has prepared for me even if it maddens other people especially my workmates. Sometimes it stops me from rejoicing because it makes me feel guilty that I enjoy some privilege at work while others do not, but Psalms 23 is telling me, No! Stop being guilty, sit down, relax, and enjoy! Life is beautiful.

Most of the times, the green pasture is just around the corner but I am just too hard-headed and lazy to lie down. The Great Shepherd wants me to lie down and relax in the green lands... I must  obey and lie down.

Starting today, I will enjoy, the peaceful and easy job that God has given me. I will drink from the still waters where He lead me to.


PRAYER

Lord thank you for your abounding love and mercy for me. Though I am weak, you make me strong. You have put me on the right ministry where I can serve You fully, housed me in the right church where I can grow and mature on faith and You placed me here in this country that abounds with all the good things in life. 

Thank you for showing Your favor on me to other people. I pray that they would not feel bad to see that I am getting so much blessing from You, but instead, they will get curious and envious that they will desire to know the God who is blessing me with this overflowing grace. Let Your love and light shine through me, Your humble servant. Your happy lamb.


1 comment:

  1. Henry where did you get the picture of the lamb being comforted?

    ReplyDelete