Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 19 - Hidden and Presumptuous

READING

Genesis 19
Psalms 19
Proverbs 19
Matthew 19



MESSAGE
Psalms 19 : 12 - 14

12. Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.

13. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

14. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. 

God is convicting me today to make this passage be the prayer of my heart for all the secret faults that I have left hidden in my heart. I know God is working on my blemishes. He knows the very prayer of my heart, my desire to walk on His way, blameless and pure... so that the prayers of my heart be acceptable before Him.


PROMISE

Psalms 19: 9 

The Fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether,


COMMAND

WARNING



What are HIDDEN FAULTS and PRESUMPTUOUS SINS?



David sees a difference between, on the one hand, sins that we commit because they baffle us and sneak up on us ["hidden faults" of verse 12], and on the other hand, sins that we commit because we presume to know better than God or presume that sin is no big deal ["presumptuous sins" of verse 13].
The point is not that there is a special category of extra-bad sins, like murder, rape, treason, etc. The point is that there is a special category of sinning — namely, sinning in arrogant defiance of a known law. It’s not so much what you do that puts sinning in this category as whether you do it with forethought and defiance and rebellion. This is what David calls presumptuous sins. They are fully intentional, with our eyes open, and with a heart that says, 'I know God says this is wrong and harmful, but I just don’t care what God thinks; I’m going to do it anyway.' (Sermon)
copied from 
http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/fighting-presumptuous-sins

Letting yourself to sin again because you believe that God understands and that He will forgive you is an example of a PRESUMPTUOUS SIN.



APPLICATION

Starting this very night, as I lay down on my prayer bed, I will ask the Lord to purge the roots of any recurring sins that I normally commit everyday. I will ask God to let the Holy Spirit guide me and clear off my mind, that I may not be guilty of hidden faults; and to give me the will and the power to resist temptations that will lead me to  committing presumptuous sins. 

No one but God can better understand my secret faults. If I am being attacked by the faults that I have done in the past, I will always keep this in mind, GOD UNDERSTANDS. 

I will list an inventory of all my recurring sins in the past and share this to my accountability partner. This way, I will have somebody to watch over me, pray for me and rebuke me if I am about to commit the same mistake again. 



PRAYER

Lord, guide me on my walk with you. I wanna serve you with a blemish-free spirit. Keep me from sinning that I may not be guilty of any hidden nor secret faults and presumptuous sins. I wanted to continue on my calling with a pure heart and a peaceful mind. I know You love me and You have chosen me for a purpose. Strengthen my heart and my spirit that I may not sin against You, my Lord, my Master.


No comments:

Post a Comment