Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 5 - November 23


READING


  • Genesis 5
  • Psalms 5
  • Proverbs 5
  • Matthew 5


MESSAGE

Psalms 5: 12

For You, O Lord will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Today, the Lord is affirming His promise that He will surely bless me if I will keep myself righteous.


PROMISE

Psalms 5:12


For You, O Lord will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.



COMMAND


WARNING


Psalms 5: 6

You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.


APPLICATION


1. From today on, I will be more watchful on every word that comes from my mouth. Sometimes its the "choice of word" and its implications to others that makes us unrighteous. Lord help me change my vocabulary.

2. ...I will be more selective and careful in going places. E.g. keeping myself away from bars, parties or any places prone to committing unrighteous acts

3. ...same with selecting people that I will fellowship with. I know its hard to end relationships with people that you've been friends with for a long time, but God is mighty and I know He can help me do this. 



Psalms 5

1. Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.

2. Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God, For to You I will pray.

4. For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness,
Nor shall evil dwell with You.


5. The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.

8. Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
Make Your way straight before my face.

11. But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.



No comments:

Post a Comment