Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 2 - November 20, 2012

READING
  • Genesis 2
  • Psalms  2
  • Proverbs 2
  • Matthew 2




MESSAGE

Proverbs 2:1, 5 and 6, 10 - 13

1. My son, if you receive my words,
and treasure my commands within you, 

5. Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.

6. For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;

10. When wisdom enters your heart,
And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,

11. Discretion will preserve you;
Understanding will keep you,

12. To deliver you from the way of evil,
From the man who speaks perverse things,

13. From those who leave the paths of uprightness
To walk in the ways of darkness;


Today, God is reminding me to keep on seeking the knowledge of His Word so I can have the understanding and will power to resist the temptations of this world.



PROMISES


7. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;

8. He guards the paths of justice,
And preserves the way of His saints.

9. Then you will understand righteousness and justice,
Equity and every good path.

11. Discretion will preserve you;
Understanding will keep you,

12. To deliver you from the way of evil,
From the man who speaks perverse things,

21. For the upright will dwell in the land,

And the blameless will remain in it;


COMMAND


WARNING

22. But the wicked will be cut off from the earth,
And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it.


APPLICATION

1. From this day on, I will make sure that I do not miss my daily devotion. On my day offs and on days when I work in the afternoon, I will do my devotion first thing in the morning after I wake up, otherwise, before bed time. This is to develop a devotion habit and to gradually incorporate devotion time as an essential part of my daily life.

2. Starting today, I will memorize one (1) memory verse a week. At least one. That will help me, little by little, build a database of His Word and promises inside my heart.

3. By the end of the week, I should be able to choose a mentor who will responsibly remind me about keeping my devotion and involve me on activities that will keep me away from the world.



PRAYER

Lord, help me dwell in the knowledge of your Word. Let your Word be my guide on all my dealings in life. I need your wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment