Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 3 - November 21

READING

  • Genesis 3
  • Psalms 3
  • Proverbs 3
  • Matthew 3

MESSAGE


Proverbs 3:7 & 11

7. Do not be wise in your own eyes; 
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.

11. My son, do not detest the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;

Again and again, the Lord is reminding me not to trust on my own judgement and to veer away from evil.


PROMISES

23. Then you will walk safely in your way,

And your foot will not stumble.

24. When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
Yes you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.

26. For the Lord will be your confidence,
And you will keep your foot from being caught.

35. The wise shall inherit glory, ...



COMMAND


1. My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

6. In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And he shall direct your paths.

7. Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.

9. Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;

11. My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;

31. Do not envy the oppressor,
And choose none of his ways;


WARNING

33. The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked,
But He blesses the home of the just.

34. Surely He scorns the scornful,
But gives grace to the humble

35. The wise shall inherit glory,
But shame shall be the legacy of fools.


APPLICATION

1. I will be more attentive and sensitive to His corrections on me, especially about my views on church management and heed His call for obedience to my church leaders and elders.

2. I will continually strive to gradually limit my contacts with people that will not help me grow on my Christian walk. 

3. I will stand firm and hold on to God's revelations to me especially about my work status. He said wait and hold on, and so I will. It might sound odd and illogical to others but I know God is wiser and He has greater plans for me. I will put my 100% trust on this, with all my heart. 


PRAYER

Lord, time and time again, you keep on reminding me of putting my trust and hope in You, and of keeping my self away from all forms of wickedness. Thank you for not giving up. Three days in a row - all the same message. I know this is not just coincidence. I know you're doing something in me. I can feel it. I can sense it. Help me to be more sensitive on your corrections and chastening. Thank you Lord for chasing me back. 

Also, bless all those people who back me up with prayers. 

Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment