Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 1 - November 19

READING

  • Genesis 1
  • Psalms 1
  • Proverbs 1
  • Matthew 1


MESSAGE

PROVERBS 1: 10,15, and 23

10. My son, if sinners entice you, Do not consent.

15. My son, do not walk in the way with them, 
      Keep your foot from their path. 

23. Turn at my rebuke; 
      Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
      I will make my words known to you.

Today the Lord is reminding me to focus my walk on Him; to close my eyes and listen not to the temptations that I will encounter along the way; to stay on the right path avoiding the roads that will lead me to the world of destruction.God is calling my attention to listen to his rebukes... and if I will, He'll make His promises true to me. 


PROMISES

23. Turn at my rebuke; 
      Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
      I will make my words known to you.

33. But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
      And will be secure, without fear of evil." 



COMMAND


15. My son, do not walk in the way with them,
       Keep your foot from their path.

23. Turn at my rebuke; ...







WARNING


24. Because I have called and you refused, 
       I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,

25. Because you disdained all my counsel,
       And would have none of my rebuke,

26. I also will laugh at your calamity;
       I will mock when your terror comes,

27. When your terror comes like a storm,
       And your destruction comes like a whirlwind,
                                                             When distress and anguish come upon you.
                                
                                                      28. "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
                                                            They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me

                                                  ... 33. For the turning away of the simple will slay them,
                                                            And the complacency of fools will destroy them;     
                                                          

APPLICATION


1. Starting this very day, I will do my very best not to entertain friend's invitation to parties that, I know, will not please God.

2. From now on, I will listen to what God wants me to do. I know He's been rebuking many times before but I chose not to listen 'coz I was thinkin' I can manage things myself and I have mastered self-control. 

3. Starting today, I will keep away from anything that will pull me towards the way of the world, e.g. watching TV shows and movies with "unholy" themes, patronizing secular music that speaks of world things and promotes earthly lifestyles. 


PRAYER


Lord, help me to walk on the right path, the path leads to Your righteousness. I am very weak and I cannot do this without your help. Surrounds me with people that will guide me and walk with me on the way to the path you wanted us to walk to. 

I know it's not  easy. I know I have failed many times when I tried doing it on my own, relying on my own strength. Forgive me Lord if I turned my back on your rebukes for so many times. I know I am stubborn, big headed, and proud; but I know your love for me is more stubborn... and you never give up on me. Thank you Lord for always being there for me on my dark hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment