Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 58 - Can worry make you live longer?

READING

  • Exodus 8
  • Psalms 58
  • Isaiah 7
  • Luke 12 (CEVUK - Common English Version UK)


MESSAGE

Luke 12 : 25 - 26

25. Can worry make you live longer?

26. If you don't have power over small things, why worry about everything else?

God is giving me an assurance through this message in Luke chapter 12. The section about worrying hit me much as I struggled again about the processing of my permanent residence nomination. Verses 25 and 26 have some sarcastic undertones for me. I know God is throwing a point here for me, yeah, why worry? Worrying will not help but just pull me down emotionally and motivates me not to enjoy each single day of work. Aside from that, worrying is a sign of powerlessness, and I indeed worry because I know I have no power over my boss' decisions. Why should I make myself worry if I have a God who has the power over all things on earth, above, and beyond? Sometimes, we just love doing things in our own way which leaves us frustrated in the end, oh how we love interloping with God's affairs. The good news is, we have a great God who is able and powerful. Nothing is too hard for the Lord, so why worry? Worrying could not make me live longer.   


PROMISE

30. Only people who don't know God are always worrying about such things. Your Father knows what you need.


31. But put God's work first, and these things will be yours as well.

COMMAND

31. But put God's work first, and these things will be yours as well.

WARNING

APPLICATION


Starting today, whenever the spirit of worrying lurks around me, I will always remember Luke 12:25, and I will not worry anymore. Let worry worry about itself.

I definitely need to do something about my Sunday schedule as it affects my service to the Lord. Verse 31 clearly states that I need to put God's business first among other affairs. but I will not worry about it, I know God will make a way, where there seems to be no way.  


PRAYER

Lord, thank you for your promises. I know you are able and powerful above everything. I will keep trusting You and stop worrying about anything. I know nothing is impossible to You.

2 comments: