Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 50 - A Thankful Heart

READING 

  • Genesis 50
  • Psalms 50
  • Song of Solomon 7
  • Luke 4


MESSAGE

Psalms 50 : 14 & 23

14. I am God Most High! 
The only sacrifice I want 
is for you to be thankful and to keep your word.

23. The sacrifice that honours Me is a thankful heart.
Obey me, and I, your God, will show my power to save.

God is telling me today that there is no other form of sacrifice that is pleasing to Him than having a thankful heart. But what does it really mean to have a thankful heart? According to Cicero, a first century Roman orator, "A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues." I think a thankful heart is a heart that always recognizes the goodness of a circumstance despite how bad the world looks at it. 

There are lots of things happening in my life right now where I think I need to have a thankful heart to overcome disappointments on the way how I see things or, should I say, how they appear to me. If dealing with bad events in life positively is what it meant to have a thankful heart, I definitely agree that it is indeed a great sacrifice. A person can only stay positive and thankful  amidst bad happenings if his/her faith stays in focus to God and all the promises of His  Word. Succumbing unto His will and to the way how He plans things for us is not really easy; but God is waving a flag of reward to those who are willing to obey - verse 23 says He will show His power to save them.  

PROMISE

15. Pray to Me in time of trouble.
I will rescue you,
and you will honour Me.

23. The sacrifice that honours Me is a thankful heart.
Obey me, and I, your God,will show my power to save.

COMMAND



15. Pray to Me in time of trouble.
I will rescue you,
and you will honour Me.

23. The sacrifice that honours Me is a thankful heart.
Obey me, and I, your God,will show my power to save.



WARNING

16. But to the wicked I say:

"You don't have the right to mention my laws 
or claim to keep our agreement!

22. You have ignored me!

So pay close attention or I will tear you apart,
and no one can help you.

APPLICATION


Though the processing of my PR papers has been delayed too many times by my boss, I will always try to find a good reason why this is happening. My clouds may be all grey right now, but I always look on its silver lining. The sun will soon shine out for me.

I will fill my heart with thankfulness in every circumstance, for it is always nice to look on the brighter side of things. Verse 15 says God will rescue me if I will pray to Him in times of trouble. So I will just keep praying, I know  He is always ready to rescue me.  

PRAYER

Lord, create in me not just a clean heart but  sprinkle it all over with the virtue of gratefulness. I always want to stay positive on my Christian walk. Help me to be an obedient worshiper, who is always ready to succumb to your will and observant of your commands. Thank you Lord for giving me a thankful heart.     

No comments:

Post a Comment