Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 49 - Bear good fruit or be cut down

READING

  • Genesis 49
  • Psalms 49
  • Songs of Solomon 6
  • Luke 3


MESSAGE

Luke 3 : 8


Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father,' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.  (NKJV)

Do something to show that you really have given up your sins. Don't start saying that you belong to Abraham's family. God can turn these stones into children for Abraham. (CEVUK)

God is posting a reminder for me today that it's not enough to be an adopted member of Abraham's family to secure the gift of salvation that we received when we accept Jesus as our Lord and savior. We must show that we have really given up our sins and bear good fruits to enjoy the eternal life which is bundled to the gift of salvation from the Messiah, otherwise, eternal flame awaits the chaff and the non-bearing trees .

PROMISE

Luke 3 : 17


"His winnowing fan is in his hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire." 


COMMAND

Luke 3 : 8

Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father,' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 


WARNING

Luke 3 : 9 & 17

9. And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

17. "His winnowing fan is in his hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire." 


APPLICATION


I will make sure that I have asked God for the forgiveness of every sins that I have committed in the past and strive not to repeat committing the same sins again and to keep my self pleasing before His sight.

I will exert every effort to continue to bear good fruits through my service in His ministry and through every social interaction.    

At times when I find it hard to bear good fruits, I'll keep in my mind and my heart the "WWJD" (what would Jesus do?) motto. It's hard, but I'll try my best to live with "Christ-like" attitude.

PRAYER

Lord forgive me for all my iniquities. Cleanse me and wash my sins away with your holy blood. Help me to live and act like you. I wanna be a reflection of your love to other people, that I may live a fruitful and righteous life, pleasing before You. I love you and I wanna be with you eternally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment